M&M’s Holiday Sugar Cookie BitesShare This:
A cross-between a cookie and square, these M&M’S cookie bites are sure to spread lots of holiday cheer.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Sugar Cookie M&M'S, divided
3/4 cup store-bought vanilla buttercream frosting
3 to 4 drops each red and green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8- x 4-inch loaf pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk until incorporated; beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup M&M’S.
2. Scrape into prepared pan; press into even layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and pale golden around edges. Let cool completely on rack. Cut into 16 squares.
4. Divide frosting among 3 small bowls. Stir red food coloring into 1 bowl until smooth and blended. Repeat with green food coloring and leave remaining frosting untinted.
5. Spread 5 squares with green frosting, 5 squares with red frosting and remaining squares with white frosting. Decorate with remaining M&M’S.
Tip: Pack treats in a festive bag or tins as irresistible gifts from your kitchen.