M&M'S Caramel Unicorn ConesShare This:
These colorful unicorn cupcakes are fun to serve at birthday parties but they're also a perfect rainy-day project.
1 pkg (15.25 oz) vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
36 colored ice cream cones (flat bottomed)
3 cups prepared vanilla frosting
Pink, blue and green food coloring
1 cup M&M’S Caramel
Edible shimmer powder
1. Preheat oven to 350?F (325?F for dark or nonstick pans). Prepare cake mix according to package directions; fold in rainbow sprinkles. Fill ice cream cones two-thirds full with batter.
2. Place each ice cream cone in muffin cup. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely.
3. Divide frosting among 3 bowls; tint frosting in each bowl with pink, blue and green food coloring. Spoon frosting, alternating colors, into piping bag fitted with large star or round tip.
4. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, swirling to a peak about 1 1/2 inches high to resemble unicorn’s horn. Stud with M&M’S Caramel candies and sprinkle with edible shimmer powder.
• Alternatively, fold shimmer powder into frosting and decorate with rainbow sprinkles.
• Dip bottoms of cones into melted white chocolate and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles if desired.