M&M'S Hazelnut Spread ChurrosShare This:
Studded with M&M’S Hazelnut Spread, these churros are the perfect treat for sharing.
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 pkg (1.48 oz each) M&M’S Hazelnut Spread
Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup prepared caramel sauce, warmed
1. In saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup water, butter and salt to boil; remove saucepan from heat. Using wooden spoon, stir in flour.
2. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 4 minutes or until mixture forms ball and coats pan with thin film. Remove from heat; stir for about 5 minutes or until cooled slightly. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until batter is shiny and smooth. Let cool completely.
3. Cut half of the M&M’S Hazelnut Spread in half; fold all into batter. Spoon batter into piping bag fitted with large star tip.
4. Pipe 3-inch lengths of batter onto 4-inch squares of parchment paper.
5. Heat oil in deep fryer or skillet to 375ºF. Averting face, drop sheets of parchment with batter into fryer. Fry, in batches, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, removing parchment when separated from dough. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Meanwhile, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
6. Roll churros in cinnamon sugar and serve with caramel sauce for dipping.