M&M'S Red, White & Blue Drip CakeShare This:
Drizzled with luxurious layers of red, white and blue ganache, and sprinkled with Red, White and Blue Milk Chocolate M&M’S, this crowd-pleasing cake is the perfect dessert for Fourth of July festivities.
1 box (15.25 oz) vanilla cake mix
2 cups 35% whipping cream, divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 oz good-quality white chocolate, chopped
Red and blue food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups in 2 muffin pans with paper liners.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter between muffin cups.
3. Bake on top and bottom racks of oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer pans to racks and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer cupcakes directly to racks.
4. Using electric mixer, beat 11/2 cups cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
5. Divide whipped cream among cupcakes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
6. Place chocolate in bowl. Heat remaining cream in small saucepan set over medium heat until steaming; pour over chocolate. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes; whisk until smooth. Let cool.
7. Divide chocolate ganache between two bowls. Using food coloring, tint one bowl red and one bowl blue.
8. Spoon blue ganache over cake, allowing ganache to drip down sides. Let stand until set.
9. Sprinkle with M&M’S Red, White, and Blue Milk Chocolate Candies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
• M&M’S can also be added to the whipped cream filling if desired.
• For a different presentation, bake an 8-inch layer cake using two 8-inch round cake pans.