M&M'S Peanut Easter Cupcake BasketsShare This:
Prepared with vanilla cake mix and mini waffle cone cups, this tasty cupcake basket is sure to please any Easter crowd.
1/2 cup M&M’s Easter Peanut, divided
1 box (15.25 oz) vanilla cake mix 12 mini waffle ice cream cups
2 1/2 oz plain brick-style cream cheese
3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 to 4 drops green food coloring
6 red licorice laces, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop half of the M&M’s Easter Peanut. Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill each muffin cup with 3 tbsp cake batter. Divide chopped M&M’s Easter Peanut evenly among cupcakes; using tip of knife, swirl into batter. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely. (Reserve remaining batter for another use.)
3. Remove cupcakes from liners; place in waffle cups.
4. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy; beat in peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla. Spread frosting over each cupcake.
5. Toss coconut with green food coloring; sprinkle over each cupcake. Garnish with remaining M&M’s Easter Peanut.
6. Poke each end of licorice into either side of cake to resemble basket handle.
Tip: Alternatively, use toasted coconut instead of green colored coconut if preferred.
Per 1 cupcake basket
Saturated Fat 5g