no-bake easter cheesecake
This M&M’S Speck-tacular layered cheesecake is an impressive dessert for any Easter celebration.
5 hours 30 minutes
- 2 pkgs (each 36 g) fun-size M&M’S Peanut Butter Speck-tacular Chocolate Eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 oz brick-style plain light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pkgs (22 mL total) unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 to 2 drops purple food coloring gel
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring gel
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring gel
- 1 to 2 drops pink food coloring gel
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes (+ 4 hours 35 minutes standing time)
- Reserve 12 M&M’S Peanut Butter Speck-tacular Chocolate Eggs; set aside. Finely chop remaining M&M’S; set aside.
- Grease 6-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together graham crumbs, melted butter and chopped M&M’S; press into bottom of springform pan. Freeze for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm.
- In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in granulated sugar and vanilla until combined; set aside.
- In 1-cup measure, stir together 1/4 cup cold water and gelatin; let stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until bloomed. In small bowl or tall glass, add 1/4 cup water and microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until boiling. Pour into bloomed gelatin and stir until completely dissolved and melted. Pour mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Divide cheesecake batter evenly among 4 medium bowls. Stir purple food coloring gel into one bowl. Stir green, yellow and pink food coloring gel into their own bowls.
- Spoon purple batter on top of crust; smooth top. Repeat with the green, yellow and pink batters.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 to 6 hours or until set (overnight is best).
- Just before serving, in another small bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat heavy cream and icing sugar for 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks start to form. Transfer to piping bag fitted with desired piping tip.
- Pipe whipped cream mixture evenly along the edges of the cheesecake and garnish with reserved 12 M&M’S Peanut Butter Speck-tacular Chocolate Eggs. Slice into 12 servings.