M&M'S Chocolate Raspberry Rose BunsShare This:
Create an elegant Valentine’s Day treat by shaping sweet buns into delicate roses filled with raspberry jam and adorned with Triple Chocolate M&M’S.
1pkg (7.5 oz) refrigerated biscuit dough
3/4cup seedless raspberry jam
1 cup M&M's Triple Chocolate, divided
1egg, lightly beaten
1cup confectioner's sugar
2tbsp milk (approx.)
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Using rolling pin, roll out each biscuit round into 5-inch circle. Cut four slits in each round to create quadrants, leaving center intact. Spoon 1 tbsp jam into center of each round. Add 1 tbsp M&M’S to center of each bun.
3. Lift one quadrant of dough up and twist around M&M’S. Lift second quadrant up, twisting slightly and attaching to the first quadrant. Repeat with remaining quadrants, pressing and pinching to secure dough, to resemble petals and create a “rose.” Arrange each bun in muffin cup; brush tops with egg.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
5. Whisk together confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth and syrupy, adding extra milk if necessary. Brush glaze over buns; fill buns with remaining M&M’S. Let stand until set.
Bake these buns first thing in the morning to enjoy the same day.
Use a thick, good-quality jam to ensure it doesn’t run or scorch during baking.
Also delicious with orange marmalade, or red currant or blueberry jam.